We have represented thousands of investors nationwide and recovered losses and other damages* for them from stockbrokers and their firms
*Results will vary depending on the facts of each case
Our attorneys and staff have more than 100 years of combined experience in the securities industry and in securities law. Several of our firms' attorneys served as a vice president or as compliance officers of one or more major brokerage firms. Our experienced team is devoted to assisting institutional and individual investors nationwide to recover losses caused by the inappropriate actions of investment advisors and their firms. We offer a free consultation to those who contact us through our Website. Se habla español. (We have extensive experience representing investors outside the United States with claims against U.S. based investment firms.)
- As Puerto Rico Asks Creditors for Concessions, S & P Downgrades the Territory's Debt and Investors Get Ready for More Losses Puerto Rico Governor Alejandro García Padilla says that the U.S. territory cannot pay back its
- Federal Judge in Texas Says Law Firms Must Face Lawsuit Seeking Creditor Payments in Stanford Ponzi Fraud Four years after Allen Stanford's $7 billion Ponzi scam was uncovered in 2009, investors who lost
- New SEC Program Will Examine Financial Firms and Their Retirement-Planning Guidance The Securities and Exchange Commission said it would perform a number of exams on financial advice
- SEC Charges Unregistered Brokers for Handling Over $79M of Investments in Immigrant Investor Program The SEC is charging Ireeco LLC and Ireeco Limited with serving as unregistered brokers for over 150
- Investor Want Wells Fargo Advisers to Pay $100K in Damages Over F-Squared Investment Losses A client of Wells Fargo Advisors (WFC) is looking to recover at least $100,000 in damages for losses
- SEC Accuses Chicago Underwriters of Municipal Bond Offerings Fraud The SEC has filed enforcement actions against 36 municipal underwriting firms, most of them located
- San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan Addresses $20M-Plus Texas Securities Case Against His Former Financial Adviser Earlier this year, our securities law firm published a blog post reporting that San Antonio Spurs'
- SEC File Action Against Company Accused of Offering Security-Based Swaps to Retail Investors The Securities and Exchange Commission said it has brought an enforcement action against Sand Hill
Daily Headlines: "Wall Street Fraud!"
Millions of Investors Have Lost Their Life Savings and Retirement Assets!
Yet, properly invested any losses would have been small. Many investors' lives were destroyed because brokerage firms lied to their clients (and brokers) or other misconduct or negligence by the firm or broker. It is wrong when life savings are lost through unsuitable high risk stocks, options, mutual funds - or even annuities or bonds! Margin borrowing often made the losses even greater. Some brokers and firms now blame investors for their own losses. Don't be fooled by these tactics!
If you feel you may be a victim of Wall Street fraud or negligence contact us for a free consultation.
What is Broker Fraud?
"Broker fraud" includes theft, lying and deceit, but it also includes other types of wrongdoing, such as churning, unauthorized transactions, unsuitable investments and other acts of greed, incompetence and negligence by stockbrokers, financial planners, and others in the securities industry. Common forms of broker misconduct.
There are regulations and laws written to protect investors. Securities regulators "police" the securities industry and issue fines and suspensions. To recover their losses investors must file claims for recovery. Statistics demonstrate that they are far more likely to recover if they are represented by experienced attorneys. Since investors sign account documents at brokerage firms which almost always contain binding arbitration clauses, most claims against brokerage firms must be resolved in securities arbitration instead of court. Learn more about securities arbitration.
Our primary goal is to represent investors who have lost their savings and retirement when their brokerage accounts were mishandled. Our firm has represented thousands of clients nationwide who were victims of misrepresentations, commission churning, unsuitable investments, unauthorized transactions, execution failures, excessive mark-ups, disappearing funds, botched transfers, web-broker outages, "selling away" from firms, unregistered brokers, unregistered securities, improper margin liquidations, broker bribes, fraudulent research, "boiler room" sales practices and other wrongful acts. Those cases were concerning stocks, bonds, "penny" stocks, "junk" bonds, options, warrants, commodities, mutual funds, REIT's, limited partnerships, derivative securities and other investments. We have also handled other types of cases for investors and minority shareholders. More about our firm.
Check out your stockbroker from our list of recent NASD enforcement actions. Click here to learn why the SEC doesn't help defrauded investors and why you need to hire a securities lawyer to help you recover your losses.
Click here to learn about common mistakes that investors make when interacting with brokers after they suspect something is wrong.
Click here if you want to know how retirees are targets for unethical money managers. Here is some information about annuities, a prime investment product sold by stockbrokers in recent years partly because of the large commissions the sales generate.