We have represented thousands of investors nationwide and recovered losses and other damages* for them from stockbrokers and their firms
*Results will vary depending on the facts of each case
Our attorneys and staff have more than 100 years of combined experience in the securities industry and in securities law. Several of our firms' attorneys served as a vice president or as compliance officers of one or more major brokerage firms. Our experienced team is devoted to assisting institutional and individual investors nationwide to recover losses caused by the inappropriate actions of investment advisors and their firms. We offer a free consultation to those who contact us through our Website. Se habla español. (We have extensive experience representing investors outside the United States with claims against U.S. based investment firms.)
- Trader Blamed in 2010 Flash Crash is Arrested in London Almost five years after the 20-minute Flash Crash when the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged
- Texas Securities Scam Allegedly Bilked Investors of $4.4M The Securities and Exchange Commission has filed a lawsuit accusing Mieka Energy Corporation of
- Former JPMorgan Chase Investment Adviser Faces Criminal and Civil Charges for Allegedly Stealing $20M from Clients Michael Oppenheim, an ex-JPMorgan Chase (JPM) investment adviser, was arrested this week and charged
- Former UBS Puerto Rico Executives File a $10M FINRA Arbitration Claim Against the Firm Siblings Teresa and George Bravo, who formerly worked as financial advisors at UBS Financial
- FINRA Bars Owner of Broker-Dealer, Seller of Illiquid Equipment-Leasing Funds for Misusing Investor Money The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority has barred the owner of Commonwealth Capital Corp. from
- Pacific West Faces SEC Fraud Charges Over Life Settlements The Securities and Exchange Commission is charging Pacific West Capital Group Inc. with securities
- SEC Sues Ex-New York Giants Cornerback Over Alleged Ponzi Scam The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is suing a former New York Giants player for allegedly
- LPL Financial Should Pay $3.6M in Fines, Repayments for REIT Sales to Older Investors, Says NH Regulator The New Hampshire Bureau of Securities Regulation wants LPL Financial (LPLA) to pay clients $2.4
Daily Headlines: "Wall Street Fraud!"
Millions of Investors Have Lost Their Life Savings and Retirement Assets!
Yet, properly invested any losses would have been small. Many investors' lives were destroyed because brokerage firms lied to their clients (and brokers) or other misconduct or negligence by the firm or broker. It is wrong when life savings are lost through unsuitable high risk stocks, options, mutual funds - or even annuities or bonds! Margin borrowing often made the losses even greater. Some brokers and firms now blame investors for their own losses. Don't be fooled by these tactics!
If you feel you may be a victim of Wall Street fraud or negligence contact us for a free consultation.
What is Broker Fraud?
"Broker fraud" includes theft, lying and deceit, but it also includes other types of wrongdoing, such as churning, unauthorized transactions, unsuitable investments and other acts of greed, incompetence and negligence by stockbrokers, financial planners, and others in the securities industry. Common forms of broker misconduct.
There are regulations and laws written to protect investors. Securities regulators "police" the securities industry and issue fines and suspensions. To recover their losses investors must file claims for recovery. Statistics demonstrate that they are far more likely to recover if they are represented by experienced attorneys. Since investors sign account documents at brokerage firms which almost always contain binding arbitration clauses, most claims against brokerage firms must be resolved in securities arbitration instead of court. Learn more about securities arbitration.
Our primary goal is to represent investors who have lost their savings and retirement when their brokerage accounts were mishandled. Our firm has represented thousands of clients nationwide who were victims of misrepresentations, commission churning, unsuitable investments, unauthorized transactions, execution failures, excessive mark-ups, disappearing funds, botched transfers, web-broker outages, "selling away" from firms, unregistered brokers, unregistered securities, improper margin liquidations, broker bribes, fraudulent research, "boiler room" sales practices and other wrongful acts. Those cases were concerning stocks, bonds, "penny" stocks, "junk" bonds, options, warrants, commodities, mutual funds, REIT's, limited partnerships, derivative securities and other investments. We have also handled other types of cases for investors and minority shareholders. More about our firm.
Check out your stockbroker from our list of recent NASD enforcement actions. Click here to learn why the SEC doesn't help defrauded investors and why you need to hire a securities lawyer to help you recover your losses.
Click here to learn about common mistakes that investors make when interacting with brokers after they suspect something is wrong.
Click here if you want to know how retirees are targets for unethical money managers. Here is some information about annuities, a prime investment product sold by stockbrokers in recent years partly because of the large commissions the sales generate.