We have represented thousands of investors nationwide and recovered losses and other damages* for them from stockbrokers and their firms
*Results will vary depending on the facts of each case
Our attorneys and staff have more than 100 years of combined experience in the securities industry and in securities law. Several of our firms' attorneys served as a vice president or as compliance officers of one or more major brokerage firms. Our experienced team is devoted to assisting institutional and individual investors nationwide to recover losses caused by the inappropriate actions of investment advisors and their firms. We offer a free consultation to those who contact us through our Website. Se habla español. (We have extensive experience representing investors outside the United States with claims against U.S. based investment firms.)
- U.S. Bank National Association Must Pay $18M to Peregrine Customers, Says Court A district court issued a Consent Order placing a permanent injunction against the U.S. Bank
- DOJ Investigating UBS Over Losses Related To Firm's V10 Enhanced FX Carry Strategy UBS Group AG (UBS) is under scrutiny over losses related to its V10 Enhanced FX Carry Strategy. The
- Jury Says Ex-Envoy Involved in Stanford Ponzi Scam Must Pay $750K A federal jury has decided that ex-U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador Peter Romero would not be allowed to
- SEC Cases: Insider Trading Charges Filed Against Georgia Resident, Mutual Fund Adviser Accused of Improper Asset Handling, & Two-Ex CFOs Agree to Give Back Bonuses Because of Accounting Fraud Atlanta, GA Man Accused of Making $740,000 for Insider Trading The Securities and Exchange
- Securities Fraud Cases: NY Hedge Fund Manager Bilks Investors of Over $800K, Maize Fund Scam Leads to Restitution, Madoff Ponzi Scheme Victims Get $355M, and Kentucky Scheme Ends with Probation, Compensation SEC Says New York Hedge Fund Manager Stole From Investors The U.S. Securities and Exchange
- SEC Claims Investment Adviser Paid for Fraud Settlement With Client Monies The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is accusing investment adviser Jacob Cooper and his
- John Carris Investments Expelled by FINRA A FINRA panel has expelled John Carris Investments LLC, along with Chief Executive Officer George
- UBS Financial Puerto Rico's Chairman Told Brokers to Sell More Bond Funds in 2011 Reuters is reporting that in 2011, before the prices of UBS Financial Services Inc. of Puerto Rico's
Daily Headlines: "Wall Street Fraud!"
Millions of Investors Have Lost Their Life Savings and Retirement Assets!
Yet, properly invested any losses would have been small. Many investors' lives were destroyed because brokerage firms lied to their clients (and brokers) or other misconduct or negligence by the firm or broker. It is wrong when life savings are lost through unsuitable high risk stocks, options, mutual funds - or even annuities or bonds! Margin borrowing often made the losses even greater. Some brokers and firms now blame investors for their own losses. Don't be fooled by these tactics!
If you feel you may be a victim of Wall Street fraud or negligence contact us for a free consultation.
What is Broker Fraud?
"Broker fraud" includes theft, lying and deceit, but it also includes other types of wrongdoing, such as churning, unauthorized transactions, unsuitable investments and other acts of greed, incompetence and negligence by stockbrokers, financial planners, and others in the securities industry. Common forms of broker misconduct.
There are regulations and laws written to protect investors. Securities regulators "police" the securities industry and issue fines and suspensions. To recover their losses investors must file claims for recovery. Statistics demonstrate that they are far more likely to recover if they are represented by experienced attorneys. Since investors sign account documents at brokerage firms which almost always contain binding arbitration clauses, most claims against brokerage firms must be resolved in securities arbitration instead of court. Learn more about securities arbitration.
Our primary goal is to represent investors who have lost their savings and retirement when their brokerage accounts were mishandled. Our firm has represented thousands of clients nationwide who were victims of misrepresentations, commission churning, unsuitable investments, unauthorized transactions, execution failures, excessive mark-ups, disappearing funds, botched transfers, web-broker outages, "selling away" from firms, unregistered brokers, unregistered securities, improper margin liquidations, broker bribes, fraudulent research, "boiler room" sales practices and other wrongful acts. Those cases were concerning stocks, bonds, "penny" stocks, "junk" bonds, options, warrants, commodities, mutual funds, REIT's, limited partnerships, derivative securities and other investments. We have also handled other types of cases for investors and minority shareholders. More about our firm.
Check out your stockbroker from our list of recent NASD enforcement actions. Click here to learn why the SEC doesn't help defrauded investors and why you need to hire a securities lawyer to help you recover your losses.
Click here to learn about common mistakes that investors make when interacting with brokers after they suspect something is wrong.
Click here if you want to know how retirees are targets for unethical money managers. Here is some information about annuities, a prime investment product sold by stockbrokers in recent years partly because of the large commissions the sales generate.