Troy, Michigan Securities Arbitration & Stockbroker Fraud Resources
The Securities Law Firm of Shepherd, Smith, Edwards & Kantas LTD, LLP has offices in Troy, Michigan located at 100 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 200, Troy, Michigan 48084. This is right off Big Beaver Road between Interstate 75 (Chrysler Freeway) and Livernois Road.
As one of the top securities firms in the country, we have represented many Troy area investors and many others throughout the United States and internationally. Our attorneys are experienced in all aspects of securities arbitration cases from the typical suitability cases to the most complex structured securities investment products. Some of our current investigations include:
- Apple REITs - real estate investment trusts (REITs) that were underwritten, marketed and sold by David Lerner & Associates to unsophisticated and elderly investors.
- Non-Traded REITs – non-listed or non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs) are big business for firms because of excessive fees of up to 15% and continuing management fees and many investors are misled about the risks involved including illiquidity and dividend suspension.
- Elder Exploitation – with the aging of America come increased financial exploitation of the elderly as they are preyed upon by unscrupulous brokers, firms and schemers.
- Private Placements – investors in a low interest rate environment combined with a volatile market are targets for Reg. D offerings, which are marketed by promising high yields and little correlation with market volatility without explaining the multitude of risks associated a product that flies under the regulatory radar screen.
- Reverse Convertible Notes – these extremely complex investment products involve a short term note that is linked to a derivative but were marketed and sold to investors as being safe investments that generated better than average returns.
- Principal Protected Notes (PPNs) – investors were promised that their principal would be 100% protected with this safe investment product suited for those seeking preservation of capital however, they were solely dependent upon the financial condition of the issuer and investors could lose everything as in the Lehman case.
- Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) and Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs) – investors have lost massive amounts of money from investing in these highly complex structured products, which were marketed and sold as being safe, income generating investment vehicles when in fact they were extremely risky due to their concentration in sub-prime mortgages.
- High Yield Bonds – high yield bonds are those that promise greater yields than average but come with extreme risks via interest rate risk, credit risk and the potential for default. These bonds are generally called “junk bonds” and held by individual investors, since institutions and pension funds are prohibited from investing in anything that is not investment grade rated.
The Troy office of Shepherd, Smith, Edwards & Kantas LTD, LLP is accessible via three airports. The Detroit City Airport is 20 miles away, the Detroit Metropolitan Airport is 37 miles and the Bishop International Airport in Flint is only 47 miles.
Accommodations are available at the Troy Marriott, which is in close proximity to the office, as well as casual and fine dining at restaurants including TGI Fridays, Champps Americana, Maggianos, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Morton’s and Capital Grille, among others. Also within minutes from the office is the Somerset Mall and The Palace, the home of the Detroit Pistons (NBA) and the Detroit Shock (WNBA).
Shepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas LTD, LLP has a team of attorneys, consultants and staff with more than 100 years of combined experience in the securities industry and in securities law. Since 1990, we have represented thousands of investors nationwide to recover losses. We have represented clients in Federal and State courts and in arbitration through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the New York Stock Exchange Inc. (NYSE), the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and in private arbitration actions. Collectively, we have represented thousands of investors over the last 20 years in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation.
We want to be your securities attorneys!
Please call our office Toll Free 1-800-259-9010 to schedule an appointment for your own personal consultation with one of our attorneys. Please note that our office will not accept unscheduled or walk-in clientele.
National Web resources: